Wednesday

67 sleeps part 2

Oh - the Airplane Party Pack, for those who have been asking (you know who you are ;) ) -

INGREDIENTS
1 X fun fur leopard print eye mask
1 X fun fur leopard print neck support thingy
1 X pair comfortable, yet bright and ideally bold-print, pyjamas
1 X minibar size bottle of poison of your choice (Jack, Johnny or similar)
1 X Allergex
1X Zolnoft or similar knock-you-dead sleeping pill
1 X 100 ml or less (thanks, Heathrow) tub of cream

DIRECTIONS
After you finish your meal (along with the mini bottle of wine), go to bathroom and put on pyjamas.
Return to seat.
Pop allergex and Zolnoft.
Consume Jack/Johnny while watching cartoons.
Rub face, hands, other exposed skin liberally with cream.
Put on leopard print get up.
Turn off cartoons and put on the classical music station at mid-decibel level.
Pass out.

For me, it's the only way to fly. I could sleep between nine screaming babies, four snoring men, massive turbulence (although I would be upset if I missed it) with my knees cramped around my waist and my neck on a 90 degree angle to the right on the Pack.

When I first started long-hauling it, I never could sleep. I think I watched that Michael Jordan Looney Tunes basketball movie nine times in a row on a Singapore - Cape Town leg once. Between the babies crying and the people snoring I couldn't sleep. Never again. When I flew Etihad from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok, I did the Pack (not for the first time). As the plane started to descend, I woke up on the shoulder of the man sitting next to me, drooling on myself and completely confused. While I was asleep, he ninja-dropped into first class and hosed me some green grapes. He said I looked like I could use some fresh fruit. How sweet :)

No comments: