Saturday

33 sleeps + 60







It's so hot today... i think Cape Town saw the 40 degree mark earlier this afternoon. TheGreek and I hit Camps Bay beach for a couple of hours just to stop our brains from melting in town. I am going to miss the beach lifestyle so much when I go. The Hammer does have it's own 'waterfront' effect, but for me an ocean is an ocean and Lake Ontario, though beautiful in its own right, is not an ocean. There is no feeling like sand between your feet, or the feel of the warm sun on your body as you read on the beach, or the ice cream headache you get from dipping a toe in the icy Atlantic water. But, as much as I like the beach, it's not enough to keep me here. I've been having an intense G-chat with the DomTastic about life, love, pursuing your dreams and the ever important HOW to pursue your dreams. I must take my own advice... suck it up and push through. I know the decision to go back is the right one, and as time passes and events unfold, it seems the universe is pushing me there, wants me there, anyway. I'm just finding it difficult to leave the life I have here. Again, I shall take my own advice - after I'm gone for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, I will look back and know that I did the right thing.

3 comments:

DomBom said...

DomTastic here

You rock for 3 reasons:

1. You advise like no other.
2. You follow your dreams
3. You car-bar with me

T-Lo said...

CAR BAR!!!!

DomBom said...

That shoulda been reason #1