Monday

62 sleeps

I have certain crippling fears. Rodents, crowds in open spaces and heights top the list. If I see a rodent I gag (dirty disease ridden little beasts!), if I am stuck in a crowd I freak out (too many people too close! stop touching me!), and when I am forced onto a bridge, I instinctively drop to the ground and leopard crawl back off. I think heights are the worst.

People say to me "Oh, it can't be that bad...I'm sure it's all in your mind." It is that bad and it is not just in my mind. Oh no it isn't! J took me climbing once up India Venster on Table Mountain, which is like the easiest route known to mankind. I got about a meter off the ground and froze. Then started shaking. That was it - climbing effort done. Never again. Earlier this year I decided to get over this fear by jumping off Gouritz Bridge with Sister SS. I got as far as the bridge. Leopard crawl in effect. Bridge jump effort failed. Never again.

So now, in a fit of logic and common sense, I have booked a sky-diving weekend with the fighter girls. People say its much easier to jump out of a plane then off a bridge because you are so high in the air that your perspective of the height is disjointed. We shall see. And Miss K has promised to kick my *ss out of the plane if I have a leopard crawl freak out. So either way, I will be jumping out of a plane soon. Yay!

No comments: