Sunday

22 sleeps

It's Sunday. I'm at work. Again.

I've just had to re-load Skype.

I've got a gig of memory left on my laptop. The Company IT guru told me I had to delete stuff to lighten the load, as it were. He gave me some choices:

1. some of the 25 gigs of music I have (uh uh)
2. or the 10 gigs of photos (no way)
3. or maybe some of my 15 gigs of fight movies (hell no); or
4. other apps I don't really use.

(Hmmm.... shows my level of productivity in these last "MinDays")

But I use all my apps. I swear!

He looked at me. Up and down. Like a purebred Persian looks at a drooling happy puppy. I looked up at him from my desk. Like a wide eyed child with a toy that she simply does not know how to use. After some back-ing and forth-ing and lots of foot stomping on my part, 'we' (he, with me moaning the entire time) decided that I had too many 'social networking / communication tools' and I could 'afford to delete some'. (oh no I can't!) So, we calculated. I've got:

1. This blog.
2. Facebook.
3. Myspace.
4. Twitter.
5. 2 email accounts with the Company.
6. A Gmail account.
7. A hotmail account.
8. G-chat.
9. MSN Messenger.
10. Pandion.
11. Trillian.
12. Skype.

Now, I love all my 'social networking / communication tools' equally. I don't choose favourites and I don't judge. One day I'm on the G, the next I'm on MSN. It's fair that way.

IT guru said that surely I could delete some of the IM programmes, because all I do really is set my status to 'busy' or 'away' or 'invisible' and ignore everyone anyway. (Whoa. Fightin' words! I so do not do that! I! So! Do! Not!) Eventually 'we' (he, with me moaning the entire time) decided to get rid of Skype. That really p*ssed me off because I had just loaded it the week before (It guru: Uh, you really aren't supposed to download skype at the office. Me: Evil Glare mashed up with Face Like Thunder. IT guru: rolls eyes).

Off it went. The next day, I checked the space on my main drive. Still one gig. The next day, the same. Still the same on the third day. So I dragged the IT guru back into my lair and showed him the one gig remaining. Turns out the problem wasn't with the programs (ha!) but my laptop needs to be re-... re-... re-booted? configured? charged? Well, he's going to do that this week. In the meantime, I've reloaded Skpe, got my user name from Ms K (forgot it) and reset my password (forgot that too). Now I just have to figure out how to use it. Yay! Skype. Yay!

2 comments:

DomBom said...

I have 2 issues with this blog post:

1. "....decided that I had to many 'social networking / communication tools' and I could 'afford to delete some'".
SPOT THE ERROR TANY(ASS). It is offensive to my senses.

2. One day you're on G talk, then next on msn??? Um, I have it on very good authority (that be me!!!) that you're on the G every day, and, although status set at "busy", its more like ""busy"".
HA! Uitgevang!

T-Lo said...

1. Well spotted! Haha! I saw it, wanted to correct but decided to give you a shuddering hair standing moment while reading this, cuz that's what friends are for :)

2. Alright, I admit, I heart the G more than any other IM thing. And - hey - busy is as busy does.