Wednesday

19 sleeps

A moment with my housemate, theGreek

TheGreek came running into my room last night, waking me from my near-coma-like slumber (granted, it was only, like, 930, but anyway...)

TheGreek: T! T! T! Wake up! Wake the Fk up!
T-Lo: arghmmmphhphargh
TheGreek: arghmmmphhphargh!! Hahahah!! WAKE UP.
T-Lo: What's going on?
TheGreek: I've just come from gym.
T-Lo: [shocked into silence]
TheGreek: Can you help me put this on?
(holds up red bracelet thing that must be tied around his wrist)
T-Lo: Ok.
(tries to tie red thing-y around wrist)
TheGreek: You must say affirmations and give me positive energy.
T-Lo: [sniggers] [snorts]
TheGreek: Seriously, say things like: Love and Strength and Power and put positive energy into tying the knots...
T-Lo: [sniggers] [snorts]
TheGreek: [leaning forward and looking me right in the eye] You have made me shake hands with a bag of dirt. Now, do the affirmations and tie seven knots on my bracelet.
T-Lo: [owned] [silenced]

In other news, theGreek's gone through everything I own and claimed dibs on everything he wants. He's making off with my bed, my pots, my wine glasses, my colander, my inflatable roofracks, my towel sets, my masks, some of my books, my filing boxes, my flower vase and my blenders. Not bad!

In work news, this Congo thing is sitting with me. It's a one year assignment. And they want an answer by tomorrow.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Hi Tanya. Can't believe I have not taken a look at any of your multiple publishing efforts before. You don't only have the makings of a damn fine book/movie plot, but with your writing you could knock it out yourself. What a pleasure to get a small insight into your world given how well you capture the rough with the smooth (guess more rough than smooth of late :) )

T-Lo said...

Thanks Colin!

[blushes]

gardenofebren said...

I agree with Colin, I don't really like reading (it is tough to keep me interested) but I find myself captivated when it comes to your blogs. The BigE is my favorite - I wish there were more to the post. Would you mind writing a book just for me - just cover from the time I left the Hammer to now. Thanks, kisses

T-Lo said...

Everyone loves the Big E story... 'cept Big E ;)