Wednesday

46 sleeps

The time is approaching fast... in some ways not fast enough, in others too fast.

Well, blog entries about dream sequences seem to be the trend, so I'll give you my recurring dream / nightmare / freaky sleep thing that I've been having over the past couple of months, because I can't really figure it out. Ms K has given a nice interpretation, as has the Thrower, theGreek told me I had "issues" (pot/kettle, cupcake?) and I keep having the darn dream.

Alright, here goes [in present tense for effect ;)]...

I am laying on a recliner in an empty damp dark cement room with no windows. I sense it is in a basement but can't be sure. The only thing I can move are my eyes, otherwise I'm pinned down by something I can't see. I feel something whooshing towards me. I can't see it with my eyes, but I sense that it is a massive black pure evil decaying screeching bat/bird thing. It hovers about six inches above me. I can sense its wings swooshing past either side of me and I can feel its feathers and decaying flesh hit me as it stares into me with razor like precision.

On top of not being able to move, I am now absolutely paralyzed with fear. I'm actually so petrified that I can't get mad at myself for being petrified. Then it starts to suck me out of myself... I can actually feel my spirit/soul leave my physical body inch by inch. My ears are bursting with the sound of gushing water. I turn my head and see myself lying on the recliner and realize that I have to fight this thing or I'm going to die. The only parts of me that are still spirit/soul-and-physical-body together are my fingers and my toes. So, I fight with everything I've got. We lock into battle, this massive invisible soul sucking evil smelly bat/bird and I. For a few seconds I feel like I'm not going to be able to get myself back then, with a snap crack, I'm back together in one piece, laying on the recliner. Then I wake up and I'm in my bedroom, sometimes its the bedroom from the house where I grew up, other times its a bedroom from one of the other +/- 40 places I've stayed over the past 15 years. And I'm busy dying. I'm gasping for air, wheezing and coughing. Blood is gushing out of my eyes, ears, nose and mouth. My limbs feel like cement. I'm feverish and shaking. And this bloody massive invisible soul sucking evil smelly bat/bird thing is with me in the bedroom, and it's mad as hell. It's launching my books off my bookshelf at me, at the walls, through the windows. I know that if I make it out of the bedroom, I'll be able to get away from that thing and be safe. So, with everything I've got, I get out of the bed and drag myself, crawl, pull myself along all the while being nailed by books that the thing is launching at me. I make it to the door and pull myself up by gripping the door handle. I turn the door handle. As I do, the thing starts screeching, like the sound of a thousand nails on a blackboard through a loudspeaker. Then I wake up for real.

Maybe I'm just nuts ;)

2 comments:

Daz Collins said...

wooo!! sounds like an episode of Supernatural... thats one scary dream!

Unknown said...

Lay off the Harry Potter movies for a while