Wednesday

26 sleeps

Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history. ~Joan Wallach Scott


Some predictions for the first month I get back:

1. I will have a freak out and think it was a mistake to move back. That'll happen between 4 and 7 days in. Then I'll get over it.
2. I will not handle being unemployed and start looking for work after one week.
3. I will debate looking for work in the Hammer, but will quickly change my mind and look for work in Toronto, Ottawa or Vancouver.
4. I will train properly again.
5. I will experience massive, massive, massive culture shock.
6. I will go the SPCA. I will get a kitten. I will name her McLovin.

7 comments:

DaveL said...

Playing the part of your hostel warden when you get back, I have some thoughts on your predictions...

1. I'm looking forward to drinking this one out with you (maybe not the hangover though).
2. I thought you already started?!?!
3. hmmmm....nothing comes to mind here....
4. We have two "weight" machines for your training pleasure. The first one is about 32 lbs, 40" and puts up a great fight when being put to bed. The second is about 24 lbs, 30" and produces rather heavy (though smelly) diapers. Babysitting is a great form of training!
5. It's not that bad here. You could move to Bountiful, BC (think one man, 8 wives). THAT would be a culture shock.
6. Not while you're at my house...unless it's an outdoor cat.

T-Lo said...

And I reply:

1. That will be fun. And you will have a hangover.
2. I have started, but I'll do a freak-out-take-any-job-I-can-get thing after a week... like back in banking, or at 7-11 or something.
3. I think I'll end up in TO.
4. T-Lo and kids go together like cats and water... this babysitting thing will be very very innerestin'...
5. Where can I go where it's one woman, 8 husbands?;)
6. Whats wrong with kitties?

DaveL said...

.......

5. Himachal Pradesh, India. http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/10/24/polygamy.investigation/index.html

6. Two things. 1) Allergies. 2) Do you remember how Andrew was with Lee-Aun(sp)? Mackennen is a LOT like Andrew in some ways...

DaveL said...

link didn't show up properly...here is the rest

polygamy.investigation/index.html

Shaw said...

Dave is really up to date on his Polygamy knowledge! Elliott loves cats, I'm sure he will keep it for you. Elliott also loves surprises, I'd definitely surprise him so he can be most joyful.

DomBom said...

...and then there was the UNV offer.

T-Lo said...

Shaw! Brilliant idea! I'll surprise Elliott so he can remember what he's been missing from not having his big sis around for all these years! I'm looking at a pure bred long haired high strung high maintenance Persian, cuz they have such a lovely look about them :)