Saturday

39 sleeps + 60




I have this thing about me, I don't know what it is, that attracts animals. It seems that wherever I go, wherever I am, if there is a domestic animal in sight, it will want to hang out with me. I have been called the Cat Whisperer and the Pied Piper of Cats because of this.

You see those dogs in the photos? I have no idea who they are or who they belong to.

The first photo was taken in Paternoster, South Africa. Kiki and I were walking on the beach. In the distance, at the top of the hill, I noticed that dog looking at me. So I looked back and said "Hello cutie!". With that, it's head cocked and it bounded - leaped - down the hill and raced towards me on the beach. I was a bit shocked... will it bite me? Attack me? Jump on me? It opted to jump on me, while yelping and licking. Thankfully. I played with it for about 20 minutes. We ran to the water. We ran back. The whole time it jumped, licked and yelped. Kiki and I finally got in the car to return to our BnB. As we drove off it sat in the parking lot, head cocked, looking sad.

The second photo was taken in Vilanculos, Mozambique. I woke up one morning, staggered out of my little beach hut and found that dog sleeping outside my door. It stayed with me, right by my side, for my time there. I went walking on the beach, it went walking on the beach with me. I went to a shop to buy some food, it would wait outside for me. I went to sleep at night in my beach hut, it went to sleep at night outside the door of my beach hut.

How odd.

No comments: