Wednesday

89 sleeps

I watched about 12 minutes of an episode of that nonsense "The Hills" yesterday. That's about 12 minutes too many. Two minutes in, my retinas started vomiting from the site of these characters and my eardrums were screaming at the dialogue: Stop it! Stop it please!

What is up with that programme? Whose 'reality' does it purport to represent? Are those people supposed to represent the average North American citizen? If so, please count me out - I want nothing to do with it. I sat through a section of the show where Twat # 1 (peroxided siliconed collagened blonde chickie) and Twat # 2 (peroxided weird bearded general douche bag guy) get married in a 'secret' wedding in Mexico.

Problems:
1. If it's a secret, why are there cameras there?
2. Why is there absolutely no chemistry - friendship, sexual, otherwise - between these two twats?
3. Are they capable verbalising words with more than two syllables?
4. Is this the average vacation that the average 20-something (I presume) takes in North America?
5. Why do they speak so negatively about everyone but themselves?

WTF is up with this show?! Seriously?! Ok - this is 'reality' television. Now, I'm not much of a TV fan, but I presume reality television is supposed to represent some sort of reality, or I presume it's meant to show viewers a realistic slice of a life that they themselves could live. Right? So, according to this show, all I need to do to achieve everlasting happiness is:
1. peroxide my hair
2. stick stuff in my lips
3. get bigger boobs
4. exhibit little to no knowledge about the world around me
5. speak badly about everyone around me, except my 'boyfriend'
6. marry said 'boyfriend' in an intimate private ceremony attended only by him and I and 20 television cameras.

WTF?!?!!!?

Grade: F
Rage gauge: 246 points

No comments: