Tuesday

73 sleeps

I have seriously neglected the blog this month. I see we are at month's end and this is only my fifth blog. I'll be better in February, I promise!

I suppose it's a good sign for the Company that I haven't had a chance to blog much... they've got a lot of new stuff on the go, which means that I have a lot of stuff to review. Good for them.

Otherwise, hmmm... what's news?

Ok, here we go...

The top five moments of January 2009!

5. Arguing with a tarot card reader over the correct definitional interpretation of the word "home". And winning.

4. Intense debates with theGreek and Domtastic over which superpower would be best to have, not including the obvious answer "all".

3. Moving to the new DP. It was sad to leave the old place, but onward and upward! I love muay thai so much, I'd probably enjoy training in an underground parking lot though :)

2. Finding 5 books in my collection that I could pass on to worthy readers.

1. The Queen's Hen Party on Saturday night. I always love an excuse to wear feather boas and glitter and dance until obscene hours of the morning with a great bunch of friends.

And... WTF? 73 sleeps? I've realised, since making The Decision and starting this blog, how quickly time flies.

I first started noticing it with my nephews. One minute I'm like: Oh wow! My sis-in-law is pregnant! That's kinda cool for her. The next it's like: My nephew is fluent in french and starting kindergarten?! Wasn't he still in the womb just yesterday? And now there's another one too? Sheesh, I'm still - still - living my life like a 22 year old college student (I AM still studying, in my defense) and one of my brothers goes and gets kids and stuff. Bloody hell.

But now, counting down sleeps is effin hectic. I'm going to blink and it'll be four sleeps and I'll be apoplectic about leaving and confused and sweating and wild eyed and thinking. I think a lot. Sometimes I think myself awake, which is a total pain in the *ss, cuz if you wake up thinking, there is no way you are falling back asleep anytime soon.

1 comment:

DomBom said...

Referring to the Top 5 moments of January 2009...I still think this should be listed as number 2.

Anyhoo. Potato Potato.

I chose Teleporation. If you wish to know more about Super Powers, read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_comic_book_superpowers