Sunday

119 sleeps

Moments with my housemate, theGreek

On the flu

theGreek: Oh, I slept after work and I'm sooo tired.
T-Lo: Could be from the Mumbai thing, or could be cuz you are getting flu.
theGreek: There's a flu going around?!
T-Lo: Yes, throat / tummy / fever thing.
theGreek: Well then I can't go to the Xmas party!
T-Lo: Why not?
theGreek: Cuz I have a fever.
T-Lo: You have a fever?
theGreek: Yes, you just said I have a fever.
T-Lo: I said that there is a flu with a fever going around. Do you have it?
theGreek: I feel flushed.
T-Lo: Put on your shoes, we're going to the Xmas party.

On the fridge

theGreek [calling from his bedroom]: Hey T! There's some superglue in the fridge if you want some!

On my morning runs

[not so much a conversation with words, this]



I came back from my morning run a couple of months ago. It was still winter so the sun was just starting torise.There are four locks that must be unlocked to get into the flat. As I managed to unlock them and open the wooden door, I heard a loud pitter-patter of running footsteps mixed with a battle cry along the lines of "whooooooooooohhhhhaaaaaa"
and all I saw was a 6 iron at eye level.

My first thought was "roundhouse kick to temple" but, knowing my housemate, I instead shouted "What the fuck??!!" theGreek, hair a-skew and eyes a-glaze, realized it was me and me ready to strike, turned on his heel and hightailed it back to his room, golf club in hand. He thought I was trying to burgle the place. I'm sure there was more than one neighbour wondering what in morning hysteria was going on.

On me missing phone calls

I had about 8 missed calls in a 10 minute period a week ago. I called theGreek back to find out wtf was going on.

T-Lo: Hey.
theGreek: OH! My! God! I was about to call the police! Where have you beeeen?
T-Lo: I was away from the phone. What's up?
theGreek: Have you seen my Santa hat?

3 comments:

Mrs Starke said...

oh that's hilarous. I have decided to start getting down some Barbe-isms - will also make for good reading.

DomBom said...

AH!!!!!

The Greek **** (AV)!!!

"Why didn't you vomit in MY bathroom?"

"Where the **** is my stripey chair??"

T-Lo said...

Stripey chair / keyboard!!! I almost forgot... thanks for the reminder. Happy JHB DomBom :)