Monday

the new 7 sleeps





This is where I spent my weekend. Jealous? I would be if I were you! Mad Max invited the girls up to her man's place on a spur of the moment LetsGetOutOfTown thing, and what a pleasure! The property is located within the Cape Point Nature Reserve and is an absolutely magic piece of paradise. We ate well, chilled by the fire, read, chatted, slept. I went for an hour and a half walk along the beach, all by myself, ipod in ears, mace in hands (baboons, you know), through the mist, nothing but me, my music and my footsteps. I always find that incredibly rejuvenating (provided, of course, the mace stays in hand and is not deployed into face of baboon). Little Mouse was chatting about how you don't really appreciate these things as a child. She is so right. Here's my top 5 things that you don't appreciate, but should, as a child:

5. Taking photos of rocks through the mist.
4. Cooking with friends for three hours then eating an awesome meal.
3. Driving for two hours to go to the middle of nowhere.
2. Reading by the fire for hours on end.
1. The afternoon nap.

3 comments:

gardenofebren said...

6. The views and advice from parents and peers

The beach part does make me a little jealous - I have all the other similar serenities here, but alas, no beach

Unknown said...

looks like a cold winter beach in SA

T-Lo said...

@ bigE: observant. ;)